Study Abroad and Practice In Sri Lanka
A student who wishes to study medicine or dental surgery abroad should select a foreign degree programme recognised by the Sri Lanka Medical Council.
- Make sure that you have the minimum G.C.E Advance Level (A/L) or equivalent Qualifications.
- General Certificate of Education Advanced Level - should have passed in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics with a minimum of two "C" grades and one "S" grade in combination of these subjects at one and the same sitting.
- Cambridge and Edexcel Advanced Level Examinations - should have passed in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics with a minimum of two "C" grades and one "D" grade in combination of these subjects at one and the same sitting.
- Any other equivalent qualifications would be evaluated on a case by case basis to ensure that they meet the minimum standards regulations approved by Parliament which came to effect on 10 April 2021.
- Make sure that your medical school is on the recognized medical degree programs list.
Application for transfer between foreign medical degree programmes
The SLMC may entertain applications for transfer between SLMC recognized degree programmes of two countries in exceptional circumstances such as closure of borders preventing returning back to the country or war conditions. The students have to submit the completed application below to email@example.com
The application processing time is 1-3 months
In addition to completion of the online application, the applicants are required to download the paper application form and complete it accordingly. The completed paper application has to be submitted at the degree approval verification interview. The applicant has to attend the interview in person
- Apply for ERPM/ERPDS
Once the degree is approved, the graduate can apply to sit for ERPM or ERPDS in Sri Lanka.
- Apply for ERPM/ ERPDS completion certificate
Once the graduate passes all components of the ERPM or ERPDS, the graduate can apply for the ERPM or ERPDS completion certificate.
Once the graduate has provisional registration he/she may apply for the internship with the Ministry of Health.
The ERPM and ERPDS merit lists for each internship batch would be submitted to the Ministry of Health by the Council and published on the Council’s website.
Recognized Foreign Medical/Dental Degree Programmes
* Please use the search box with relevant keywords to filter the results (e.g. Country, Name of the degree programme)
Log in using your existing SLMC account credentials